The 8340A Cinema Surround Speaker offers very high power handling, high sensitivity, and extended bass response in a very compact enclosure. The two-way 8340A’s proven reliability and performance features have positioned it as the industry standard for the extended dynamic range required by digital sound formats.
The 8340A features a high power, long-throw 250 mm (10 in) low frequency driver for smooth, extended bass response. The high frequency section combines a 25 mm (1 in) coil diameter titanium diaphragm compression driver with a constant coverage horn for very high output capability and wide, even high frequency coverage. The 250 watt continuous power rating (1000 watt peak) provides extended dynamic range required for digital soundtracks with absolute reliability.
Its modern, molded black textured enclosure with black grille enhances any decor.
JBL’s QuickMount bracket allows one person to quickly and simply mount the very lightweight enclosure on a previously installed bracket half.
Built to traditional JBL quality standards, the 8340A will stand up to long-term use under adverse conditions while delivering excellent performance.
- 45 Hz to 18 kHz Frequency Range
- High Sensitivity, 96 dB SPL, 1 W, 1 m (3.3 ft)
- High Power Handling Capability: 250 watts continuous pink noise
- Convenient mounting design uses JBL QuickMountTM, Omnimount® or APC Multimount brackets
- Special cabinet shape incorporates 20° angled front baffle
- SMPTE/ISO2969 Curve X high frequency de-emphasis
- Lightweight, rigid molded enclosure
- Input terminals located on top of cabinet for quick access
- Uniform horizontal and vertical coverage
- Approved by Lucasfilm, Ltd. for THX® installations