The model 2446H/J is professional quality high-frequency compression driver that incorporates JBL’s newly developed Coherent Wave phasing plug as well as a pure titanium diaphragm with radial ribs and patented three-dimensional diamond pattern suspension.
The Coherent Wave phasing plug assembly consists of four die-cast annular aperture structures of constant path length to provide m-phase combining of diaphragm output at the driver’s exit. This optimized configuration allows coherent summation of acoustical power up to much higher frequencies than afforded by earlier designs.
The diaphragm design includes JBL’s exclusive three-dimensional diamond pattern surround1 which reduces membrane stresses in the diaphragm support structure and extends diaphragm life. The depth of the diamond pattern is closely controlled during the manufacturing process to provide predictable frequencies for the 2nd and 3rd normal resonance modes and for the basic suspension resonance mode. The diaphragm also incorporates a series of embossed radial reinforcing ribs that increase diaphragm stiffness. This diaphragm, when combined with the Coherent Wave phasing plug, increases the 2446H/J’s output in the 5 kHz to 20 kHz range.
- 100 watts continuous program power handling when used above 500 Hz
- 150 watts continuous program power handling when used above 1 kHz
- 500 Hz to 20 kHz response
- 8 ohm (H) or 16 ohm (J) impedance
- 111 dB sensitivity (1W/1m on 2380A horn)
- Coherent Wave™ phasing plug design for increased high-frequency output
- 100 mm (4 in) pure titanium diaphragm with radial-rib topology
- 100 mm (4 in) edgewound aluminum voice coil