SCW20 is a heavy duty sound column designed for sound reinforcement in churches, theaters, auditoriums, and similar installations where it is necessary to cover a large area with a minimum number of speakers. The sound column consists of a vertical array of speakers in a specially-designed rectangular enclosure, and provides a more effective length of throw than conventional speakers, as well as a highly directional sound dispersion pattern for reduced reflection from the floor and ceiling of the hall. The precisely controlled dispersion pattern of these sound columns makes possible a maximum of uniformity in coverage of the desired area with minimum sound projected into undesired areas. The sound columns are constructed of sturdy particle board, acoustically lined and finished in a simulated oiled walnut. The removable rear panel (for access to the cone speakers) contains a polarized screw terminal strip and mounting plate for line-matching transformers.
- Precisely controlled sound projection
- Directional characteristics reduce feedback
- Uniform sound level throughout area covered
- Clarity and intelligibility for speech reproduction
- Lower power requirements than conventional speakers
- Fast and simple installation