The Contemporary Research 232-Amp+ is a compact, programmable mixer/amplifier aimed at integration with flat-panel displays and video projectors, now updated with more audio power. The versatile amp features a stereo line-level display/projector audio input and two mono aux inputs, and outputs stereo sound at 32/40W RMS. The aux inputs mix levels with the stereo input, and can be set to mute or lower other inputs when active, ideal for wireless mics and paging applications. The Class D amplifier is highly energy-efficient, using 90% of DC power for amplification, operating with very little heat, and consuming almost no power at all when quiet.
When combined with a CR tuner and pole mount bracket, the 232-Amp+ serves as an integrated AV tuning/audio solution for video projector installations. The optional SMA bracket (shown above) mounts the 232-Amp to the top of CR tuners, and a single RS-232 port can control a 232-series tuner and amp.
Full RS-232 control and status is available, allowing integration with custom control systems. In addition to setting master gain and input levels, the commands can also set max and minimum gain, and aux input threshold and ducking levels. Installers can adjust performance manually in the field using onboard switches and level potentiometer.
- Drives stereo speakers at 16W watts per channel @ 8 ohms, 20W per chanel @ 4 ohms
- Mixes one stereo line input with two mono inputs, mono inputs can "duck" other inputs, with programmable ducking on/off, threshold, timing, and mute levels
- Features programmable input levels, maximum and minimum gain, and volume (volume affects stereo input, mono inputs are fixed)
- Mounts on projector pole when combined with CR tuner and PoleCat pole mount
- Offers field adjustment with onboard DIP switches and level potentiometer
- Integrates via 2-way RS-232 with three options:
- Connect to data link on new iC-Net tuners for interactive volume control
- Control from AMX, Crestron or other custom control systems
- Daisy-chain RS-232 control with a 232-series tuner (Amp is Device 1)
- Mounts on projector pole when combined with CR tuner and PoleCat PMT pole mount
- Links 12 VDC power to CR tuner to provide single power source for amp and CR tuner (less Watts at 12 VDC)
- Connects speakers and control from captive screw terminals
- Attaches to top of CR tuners with TMT bracket, next to CR tuners in new RK-1 and RK-HD1 rack kits, or mount in RK-3 rack kit
- Includes 3 A 18VDC power supply, and captive-screw control terminals
- Options include: